This is what I’ve been up to for the last couple of days Some of it has even been to do with writing… Go Me!
- Fixing up my gardens yet again—I’m not going to say the dynamic duo of Oliver & Robson ran amok and knocked it all about again… but I did have to transplant a few things and shift them to safer ground.
- I wrote up and now need to type up a new story Idea (NSI) though I’m thinking I might find THE HUNTED and see if I can marry the two together somehow and use it in one of that trilogy.
- Emailed Fireborn to see what’s happening about a cover and release date on MOON RUNNERS 2: I Won’t Let You Go… I’ll keep you informed on what I hear back.
- Still working on THE LINES OF MARSDEN 4: The Trail of Red Roses... trying to keep myself on track of where I need to be in the storyline.
- also getting together everything I need for the next instalments of THE CONNELLY CHRONICLES 3: Because of You… & WARDENS OF THE GUILD 3: Heart Strings.
I’ve been busy writing down new story ideas. I think my sleep patterns are finally going back to normal and my dreams are giving me a whole bunch of awesome plots that could potentially turn into future books.
In saying that I’ve also been dreaming about my already existing characters and the stories they have to tell so I’m again working on The Lines of Marsden 4: The Trail of Red Roses, as you know and have already plotted out the two books which follow to end off the first line in the series. Book 5: On the 12th Day is the only novella of the series or just over novella length at this stage, but it might change when it comes to actually writing it… and the first line ends with book 6: And then you Die.
I’ve also been busily reworking all my background notes on Outside the Safety Zone 1: Hiding in Plain Sight, and all the books that will follow after. I think people will enjoy this storyline when it finally comes to light.
The hardest one to work on is The Connelly Chronicles 3: Because of You, I’m having a little writer’s block on this one because I know what has to happen. I just can’t figure out how to do it without deviating too far from the path my story needs to be on and still arrive where it has to at the end (if that makes sense). Also, I’m still writing the plots for the last couple of books in the Wardens of the Guild series.
we are still waiting to hear about a release date for Moon Runners 2: I Won’t Let You Go. Next for Fireborn, I’m back onto The Freedomers: Craines Everlasting Faith (M/F) and The Diamond Rose 2: So Pretty on the Outside (M/M).
My first week of the new year and I never got as much writing done as I would have liked. Life just got in the way. Or rather, I should say, one little Houdini of a cat named Oliver came to live with us. His penchants for escaping has kept us rather busy in modifying the cat enclosure to make sure it is impossible. I guess I took for granted there would be marked differences between a 17-year-old cat and a 4-year-old cat. At least Oliver and Willow didn’t fight—maybe a little hissing on Willow’s part, but on a whole, they get along.
For those who don’t read my other blog I’m working on THE LINES OF MARSDEN 4: The Trail of Red Roses first up for 2018.
I promise as the year goes on I will get better at my blogging and not be useless like I have been for the last year or two. I’m determined 2018 is my year to get back into the swing of things. here is a list of what I plan on working on this year. I may not get all submitted but I’m aiming for at least 12 of them. to be ready for submission.
- Hidden Hearts 3: Going by The Book (Travis) (0/40)
- Moon Runners 3: When the World Stops Shaking (0/40)
- The Diamond Rose 2: So Pretty on The Outside (5,003/40)
- The Diamond Rose 3: Sometimes It Hurts (0/40)
- The Freedomers 2: Craine’s Everlasting Faith (0/40)
- The Freedomers 3: Drake’s Broken Prophecy (0/40)
- Experimentals 3: Messages from The Dead (1,509/40)
- Intended Mates 2: Dancing to The Sounds of Madness (0/40)
- Lancaster’s Way 3: Pre-Loved (5,052/40)
- Lancaster’s Way 4: Riding Fences (186/40)
- Lancaster’s Way 5: A Stuart Family Christmas (0/40)
- Sons of Evenmore 3: Fear the Scarlet Moon (1,186/40)
- The Lines of Marsden 4: The Trail of Red Roses (26,003/100)
- The Lines of Marsden 4.5: On The 12th Day (Asher) (500/40)
- Toowoomba Boys 4: Securing the Heart (0/40)
- Destiny House 1: Saving Shane (0/40)
- Destiny House 2: Needing Norman (0/40)
- The Connelly Chronicles 3: Because Of You (0/100)
- Wardens of The Guild 3: Heart Strings (108/40)
- Wardens of The Guild 4: Gilded Cages (0/40)
Okay… I have searched my Dropbox, every memory stick, and even my external hard drive… and I seem to have lost the first 10K of Experimentals 3: Messages From The Dead. that I wrote for NaNoWriMo back in 2015… so when I start NaNoWriMo this year I’ll have to start from the beginning… On a good note, I did find in my cleaning up, my hand written synopsis for Messages From The Dead… I just don’t know how someone who is as anal retentive as I am about keeping track of shit could lose a story.
Last night I did take the time to take a couple of hours to skim through both #1: Blessed With A Curse, & #2: Running Into Zero Tolerance, and wrote down all the character names getting ready for the big write in November… when I’ll be writing 3 & 4: Movements In The Dark back to back. To get both done, I need to write 2,667 words per day for November.
As you can see, I’ve made it to 5K in The Diamond Rose 2: So Pretty On The Outside… I won’t be writing today as I have a family BBQ to attend today… it’s going to be fun. The story so far is heading where I thought it might. Though, it’s not exactly about who I thought it would be the main characters. At first, I thought it wold be about Tori & Darkan/Goliath… turns out I was wrong. It’s two years later, and it’s now about Wynn & Teagan… But I’m still hoping you will enjoy the read.
I’m at a standstill on The Lines Of Marsden 4: The Trail of Red Roses... but only until my glasses come back. Because, I know once I start back on it, I won’t want to stop, and I can’t do that with fuzzy lenses.
I’ll also be starting soon on Wardens Of The Guild 3: Heart Strings… but again I’m just waiting on the glasses. I’ll have to go and do the whole write down all the character names for this one too. I’m really bad at forgetting names.
Still no news on Moon Runners 2: I Won’t Let You Go… but hopefully I will hear from Fireborn Publishing soon.
Today I finished second edits on Wardens of the Guild 2: All That Shimmers… and got them back to the amazing Rebecca B at pride.
the second time around I only had to address three things which was good… first time around I ended up adding nearly or just over 3K to the story line. and there seemed to be so much red… mainly because of overused words… in this book it was (was/ as he/ just). and the other thing is I forgot descriptions again.
I’ve been told the story is off for final line edits next… wish me luck.
Even though there is only a small amount of books here it doesn’t mean that this will be the end of my time with Pride. It just means once I get to the end of the lists for this publisher I’ll be able to think about submitting different stories and series. there will still be 3 more in The Connelly Chronicles, and 4 more in the Destiny House series—which is a spin off from The Connelly Chronicles.
Wardens of the Guild 2: All That Shimmers 01/01—27/01
Wardens of the Guild 3: Heart Strings 29/01—23/02
The Connelly Chronicles 3: Because Of You 24/02—04/05
Wardens of the Guild 4: Gilded Cages 05/05—02/06
Destiny House 1: Saving Shane 02/06—29/06
Destiny House 2: Needing Norman 30/06—27/07