Okay, I have been busy as all get go, but nothing of it was to do with writing… I have been dealing with Centrelink they are driving me nuts… well not even them really. it’s more I’ve been running around doing stuff and no department seems to want to talk to any other department… Also still dealing with ATO/Accountants/ High School/ University/ Transport Department…and the list goes on.
Onto writing news…
- I’ve just completed the BIF for Wardens of the Guild 1: The Real You, and sent back to Faith BB at Pride… I will share the cover when I can—even I haven’t seen it yet.
- Today I’m also doing Galley on The Freedomers 1: Zephania’s Chance. I have to have it done and sent back to Kathy K at Fireborn tomorrow.
- I’m still waiting for Galley on Intended Mates 1: Lay Your Body Down from Kris J/Annette S at MLRPress.
I know I have been absent a lot lately. I have been dealing with life in general—I never thought closing a business would take so much work. To make it harder my husband is in New Zealand working, so everything has been dumped in my lap to deal with. The whole thing has put a grinding halt to my writing. I know by the end of the year I will have caught up, but this month and possibly next is up in the air. Hopefully everything will be sorted out soon…
This is what I’m dealing with:
- ATO (taxation office)
- Real estates
- Old business partners
- Husband overseas
- Kids (I love them to death, but some days it feels as if they are driving me over the edge and into insanity).
- spring cleaning the house & getting rid of everything I don’t need (or haven’t used in over a year).
- Replacing ceiling fan in the kitchen that hasn’t worked properly for whole 8 years we have lived in this house, (it should be getting replaced today or tomorrow).
I have managed to:
- Keep on top of my edits–so all is going well (I think) for: The Freedomers 1: Zephania’s Chance & Intended Mates 1: Lay Your Body Down.
- I’m still trying to finish The Connelly Chronicles 2: Beautiful Goodbyes
Still waiting to hear about:
- Wardens of The Guild 1: The Real You
In saying that…I’ve had a ton of new story ideas floating through my brain. I’ll jot them all down and see what pans out from there, when I finally get back to writing full time.
I’m not sure if you all know, but February 2nd was my 47th birthday.
I got a gift…
This was not a gift I wanted…
This is what I got: $100,000.00 tax bill… I’m not sure I’m over the shock of it yet. This is all because when my husband moved to New Zealand for work he got a dividend from our Australian business (construction company) and it put us in the next income tax bracket… hence the fricken huge bill.
On a good note they tell me the taxes I do in 2016 I won’t have to pay anything as my Husband will have everything done in NZ. So if you don’t hear from me for the next little bit. I’ll be dealing with the ATO and trying to scrape together as much as I can to pay this damn bill.
In other news… Yes I’m still working on The Connelly Chronicles 2: Beautiful Goodbyes… I hope to have it finished by the end of next week. I have been doing edits on Intended Mates 1: Lay Your Body Down (which I’ve just signed a contract for)… Also I have been doing edits on The Freedomers 1: Zephania’s Chance… So I haven’t been completely slacking off and freaking out. I’m still waiting to hear back about Wardens Of The Guild 1: The Real You…